Windows 11 has been officially released to the world on 5 October 2021. There is a lot to have Many features have changed and added, But today we will go over how to upgrade to Windows 11 and solve known issues. This list will be updated as more issues are posted, so if you are waiting for bugs, be sure to check back regularly.
How To Upgrade to Windows 11 From Windows 7/8/10
First, check out our previous post How to prepare your system for Windows 11, if compatible. However, a few things have changed since then, as Intel and Microsoft have announced Some Seventh-generation processors will be eligible for upgrades, but they are usually pushed to older Microsoft Surface devices. Another thing to know is that Windows 11 Should Be installed in UEFI mode, so CSM must be set to Off in BIOS. If your Velocity Micro system was built in the last 3 years or so, it’s probably set to CSM mode. Unfortunately, this means that you will have to reinstall Windows 11 from scratch. CSM was standard in the computer industry at the time, and unfortunately Microsoft did a poor job of communicating the requirements for Windows 11 before launch.
Installing Windows 11
Assuming you know your system is compatible and have checked the UEFI settings, how can you install Windows 11? If you’re the patient type, just wait for Windows Update to suggest it and let the magic happen by itself. For all of us, there are several ways to achieve this now. Microsoft provides Three different ways to get Windows 11:
- Installation Assistant. This is the best route to upgrade a Windows 10 computer available to Windows 11. The Assistant will check to make sure your system meets all the requirements and will tell you how to fix compatibility issues. Once it’s all done, it will start downloading and installing Windows 11 and if all goes smoothly, it should reboot on the Windows 11 desktop. Download Link here.
- Media Create installation. This option works just like the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, only with Windows 11. It allows you to create a finger drive to boot into a Windows 11 installer or create a Windows 11 ISO file for later use or burn to DVD. Download link here.
- Download a Windows 11 (ISO) disk image. It is intended for users who want to create bootable media like a USB or DVD drive or a virtual machine. Download here.
Known Update Issues for Windows 11
This list will be updated from time to time as further issues become known.
- If Hyper-V, Hypervisor or Virtual Machine Platform is running on Windows, the upgrade cannot proceed. Turn them off to perform the update and restart them after installing Windows 11.
- AMD processors compatible with Windows 11 have a problem with gaming performance being affected up to 15% due to the CPU core scheduling issue in Windows. AMD and Microsoft have promised to release a fix soon.
- Some users have reported a problem where the Windows 11 Setup Assistant gets stuck at 71%. The workaround seems to be to restart the computer and restart the installation wizard as administrator.
The following two tabs change the content below.