What is the Office 365 Portal and Why Use It?
portal.office.com – If you are an employee of University of Maryland, Baltimore, you have access to Office 365. Office Portal provides all the standard Office apps (email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive) in a cloud environment — which means you can access your data (email, calendar, files, etc.) from anywhere that you have a device and internet access. But how do you access all of these items from anywhere? That’s where the Office 365 portal comes in. When you are away from your workstation, the Office 365 portal is the tool that allows you to access email, calendar, and files saved to OneDrive for Business. The portal also offers online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which allows for quick and easy viewing and editing of files. If you’re at a meeting across campus, at home, traveling for work — whatever the scenario — use the Office 365 portal to access your email or files.
How Do I Access the Portal?
From any web browser, to go the portal.office.com home page. You will be prompted to enter your UMB e-mail and password. If you are off-campus, there is a new security step called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA requires another device (smartphone or landline) to authenticate that you are who you say you are by sending what is called a “Push” or a pass code. Once this step is completed, you will be taken to your Office 365 portal home page. For detailed information on MFA, including on how to enroll, visit the Center for Information Technology Services MFA web page. For more information on Office 365, visit the portal.office.com web page.
How do you set up Microsoft Office 365 portal ?
portal.office.com – Set up Office 365 for business and follow below;
1. Sign up for the Office 365business account.
2. Add your domain and Install Office.
3. Set up Outlook for email and Import it.
4. Use a public website and connect Microsoft.
Microsoft Office 365 features 2020 –
Get setup from office portal. and use features;
1. Apps in one suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Publisher.
2. Microsoft MyAnalytics and planner.
3. Different languages supporter.
4. Online storage service that is OneDrive.
5. Easy to download from portal.office.com A default feature of OneNote.
6. Free Skype minutes. Microsoft Office technical support.
7. Separate apps for iOS and Android devices.
7. For quick access to downloading Office 365 on your system, visit office portal and install the setup using the product key.
8. For more help, contact the Office tech support.